Looking for a healthier way to make Chicken Parmesan? We have it! This Air Fryer Chicken Parmesan recipe is everything you love about the original but healthier. The chicken is nice and juicy and the Parmesan coating is crispy. This is an easy dinner in your Air Fryer and the whole family is going to love it. We like to pair it with steamed vegetables, zoodles or pasta!
AIR FRYER CHICKEN PARMESAN RECIPE!
My family loves Chicken Parmesan but until I got our air fryer, I never made it because frying the breaded chicken in oil is such a hassle and not the healthiest of dinners. I’ve made Crock Pot Chicken Parmesan, Chicken Parmesan Burgers and Parmesan Crusted Chicken, but sometimes we want a classic chicken Parmesan with a super crispy crust like you get in a restaurant. You know, the totally delicious but really unhealthy kind? We love it, but it’s a pain to make and is fried in a lot of oil so until now it hasn’t been a go-to dinner at our house.
That’s all changed now that we have an air fryer! Now we can make juicy chicken with a crispy parmesan crust that tastes just like traditional Chicken Parmesan but without all the oil and mess. I hate splattering oil on the stovetop!
Without all of the oil, this Air Fryer Chicken Parmesan is so much healthier, but you’d never guess because it tastes just like the original. Plus, it’s quick and easy to make! You only need a few simple ingredients and 15 minutes to get this chicken dinner on the table. My family loves it!
A HEALTHIER AIR FRYER DINNER RECIPE!
My kids love Chicken Parmesan but frying the chicken in a pan is just not the healthiest thing to do for everyday dinners. I love that you can make a healthier Chicken Parmesan in the air fryer and my family can’t tell the difference!
The chicken is coated in a crispy Parmesan coating just like you fried it, but without all of the oil. Topped with marinara sauce and melted mozzarella cheese, it looks just like regular Chicken Parmesan but it’s so much healthier.
INGREDIENTS NEEDED TO MAKE AIR FRYER CHICKEN PARMESAN
Not only is this air fryer chicken parmesan a healthier take on the original, but it’s also so easy to make. You only need six ingredients!
- I like to use two 8-ounce chicken breasts for this recipe. I slice them in half to make four servings.
- I recommend using shredded Parmesan cheese instead of grated because the shredded cheese turns crispy as it cooks and will give your crust a better texture.
- Use Italian-style breadcrumbs, which are already seasoned, instead of plain breadcrumbs.
- Whisked eggs
- Don’t worry about making your own marinara sauce! Using a store-bought sauce makes this recipe really easy.
- Shredded mozzarella cheese
HOW TO MAKE AIR FRYER CHICKEN PARMESAN
This recipe is so easy you only need five minutes to prep the chicken and 10 minutes to cook it!.
- Set the air fryer to 350 degrees F. It will need about three minutes to preheat.
- Slice the chicken breasts in half lengthwise.
- Pound the chicken into thin slices that are of the same thickness. This will ensure they cook evenly.
- Combine the breadcrumbs and shredded Parmesan cheese together in a medium-sized bowl. In another bowl, whisk the eggs.
- Dip the chicken in the eggs and then dredge it in the breadcrumbs so that it’s evenly coated. Repeat with the rest of the chicken.
- Place the breaded chicken in a single layer in the air fryer. Depending on the size of your air fryer you may need to cook the chicken in batches.
- Cook the chicken for six minutes and then flip the pieces over and top them with the marinara and mozzarella cheese. Cook the chicken for another three to four minutes or until the internal temperature of the chicken is 165 degrees F.
- If you’re cooking the chicken in batches, repeat the process with the rest of the chicken.
Leave a Reply