Indulge in healthy choices with these wholesome ham and zucchini pikelets.
- 1 cup wholemeal self-raising flour
- 1/2 cup self-raising flour, sifted
- 1/4 cup reduced-fat grated tasty cheese
- 1 medium zucchini, grated
- 3 slices (70g) honey leg ham, diced
- 1 1/4 cups skim milk
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- Olive oil cooking spray
- 1/2 cup plain low-fat yoghurt
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh chives
Combine flours and cheese in a large bowl. Make a well in centre. Combine zucchini, ham, milk and eggs in a large jug. Add egg mixture to flour mixture. Stir until combined.
Lightly spray a non-stick frying pan with oil. Heat over medium heat. Drop 1 heaped tablespoon of batter into pan. Repeat to make 6 pikelets. Cook for 2 to 3 minutes or until bubbles start to form on surface. Turn over. Cook for 1 to 2 minutes or until golden and cooked through. Cool on a wire rack. Repeat with remaining batter to make 24 pikelets.
Combine yoghurt and chives in a small bowl. Stir to combine. Serve pikelets with yoghurt mixture.