Costa knows it’s the most wonderful time of year – for our tastebuds
It’s that time of year again, the seasonal specials from our favourite coffee shops, supermarkets and restaurants are about to hit the shelves.
Today, Costa have revealed the new flavours and their new cups for 2018 – and we love them!
The new seasonal cups come in four striking colours – teal, bronze, purple and the famous Costa Coffee red and are inspired by snow globes complete with a snowman, penguin, gingerbread man, Rudolph the Reindeer and of course Santa Claus. They’ll be in store from the 1 November, and we can’t wait to get our hands on them. If that wasn’t enough, Costa has also revealed new coffee flavours and sandwiches for Christmas and they look delicious.
Costa’s new Christmas Drinks
Popular favourites such as Black Forest Hot Chocolate and Gingerbread and Cream are back by popular demand, and this year there’s new magical sounding flavours such as Caramelised Orange & Cream and Hazelnut Praline & Cream.
- The Caramelised Orange & Cream Latte and Caramelised Orange & Cream Hot Chocolate
- Hazelnut Praline & Cream Latte and Hazelnut Praline & Cream Hot Chocolate
- The Luxury Chocolate – a small but beautifully formed rich, dark and decadent Hot Chocolate.
- The Luxury Caramel – a rich and silky Hot Caramel topped with milk foam
- Black Forest Hot Chocolate – this is the drink Costa fans get most excited about
- Gingerbread & Cream Latte and Gingerbread & Cream Hot Chocolate
- Hot Spiced Apple – served with an optional dried orange slice.
- Winter Character Roast – Limited-edition blend with hints of winter berries, dark cocoa and warming spices can be chosen to form the Espresso base of any Costa Coffee.
Costa Coffee’s new Christmas drinks menu are in stores from 1 November.
Costa’s new Christmas Food
This year the star of the show is their new ‘Pigs in Blankets Mac & Cheese’, and Oh. My. God. our mouths can’t stop watering.
There’s also an increased number of veggie, vegan and gluten free options, and a huge seven new sandwiches. Of course there’s mighty mince pies too. It’ll all hit shelves on the 1 November.
- Turkey and Emmenthal Shimmer Brioche – ‘A dazzling shimmer glazed brioche bun with turkey breast, maple smoked bacon, Emmenthal cheese, a pork and sage & onion stuffing, flavoured with a spiced date BBQ sauce and mayonnaise’.
- Prawn Cocktail Sandwich – Fun turn on the favourite seasonal starter
- Christmas Cheese Board Panini – ‘a sumptuous celebration of a post- dinner cheese board combining Red Leicester, Wensleydale, Mature Cheddar & Gran Movaria cheese with a redcurrant & port sauce on a seeded sourdough ciabatta’.
- Ham Hock and Piccalilli Sandwich – Great if you fancy something different
- Beef and Caramelised Onion Toasted Baguette– A perfect winter warmer!
- Ultimate Christmas Toastie – ‘made up of maple-cured smoked bacon and sage & onion stuffing, with béchamel sauce and cranberry sauce on cheese topped white bread’.
- The Turkey Feast – a Christmas staple, is back once again
- Pigs Tucked Under Blankets Panini and the Brie, Bacon and Cranberry Panini – we loved these last year
- Veggie Christmas Lunch Wrap – ‘containing fabulous festive flavours such as sweet potato falafel with Wensleydale & cranberry cheese and spiced plum chutney’.
For those with sweet toothes there’s also Gluten Free Vegan Iced Fruit Slice, The Gluten Free Vegan Mince Tart, The Gingerbread and Sticky Toffee Wreath Cake and the Clementine Drizzle Loaf Cake. Chocolate fans can dig into a Double Chocolate Yule Log – a real crowd pleaser. And there’s even a breakfast treat in the form of the Cup Croissant with Nutella.